Re: /usr/share/doc/*/copyright

On 3/14/21, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
> Ed Redd wrote:
>> --00000000000062c8ba05bd84aafe
>>
>> Debianized - The package that Ian put together I unlocked it and he had
>> me
>> asign a package manager. I had 3 options and then I debianized them. I
>> started recieving messages from every list in Debian and I seen Gnu.org
>> messages and they were erased the package manager is trying to fuck me
>> over
>> and cliaming my shit. The package Ian set it up for someone to Publish
>> it.
>
>   well, based upon your language use here and general
> attitude i'm not sure many people are going to be very
> happy to help you.
>
>   cussing isn't going to help.
>
>   can you please be more specific about what you are
> talking about?
>
>   what package?  who is Ian?  unlocked it?  what is it?
> asign a package manager?  assign?  ...  *sigh*

I was guessing Ian Murdock, as in the "ian" part of Debian...

An observation about finding oneself signed up to lists they didn't
join, it happens to me. Without going political about it, it's about
violent criminal activity on my street in Georgia. It's about being
harassed by total strangers. Online as well as in meatspace.

Having gone through this, I have the kind of firsthand experience that
says an additional question is necessary.

WHEN did you have this contact with "Ian"?

Six or eight years ago?

Or... this week?

As asked before in some form, did he give you a last name? If it's
Murdock, what was the email address that was used?

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed *