[?] Why should Distros be called as i386 for a 32-bit PC, and as amd64 for a 64-bit PC, when Intel Core PCs are also 64bit systems

I return to thank Dr. Stefan Monnier, Mr. John Hasler, Mr. Sven
Hartge, Mr. Peter Ehlert and Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z, in addition to The
Wanderer, Mr. Roberto C. Sánchez, Mr. Andrei Popescu, Mr. Eduardo M
KalinovskI, Mr. Tomas and Mr. songbird, whom i have thanked already
(in this case, a second time Thank You can do only good and appreciate
the inputs more).

I have never come across a more gentler individual as Dr. Monnier, who
self-captions his own posts as [OFFTOPIC].

Following his lead, I was tempted to have marked this thread
off-topic, acknowledging his being so conscientious, but restrained
myself, as I didn't consider the question off-topic.

Thank you very, very much for all your inputs. Please put this thread
to rest and focus instead of helping seekers who need your support. I
have had enough information already from the post of The Wanderer.

Actually, I would have very much needed your precious inputs, had i a
plan to write an article on the topic.

May be, Debian should make a summary of all the information collected
from here and post an article on its page for a pre-emptive
clarification on the flavours that Debian is available in, and not let
the information accumulated here go waste.

Best
Rajib