Re: How to make btrfs forget a disk?

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 14 mar 21, 17:34:40, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> > Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm guessing it's in the GPT somewhere. Did you try removing the entire
> > > partition table before switching to ZFS?
> >
> > There had been no partition table, I just ran "mkfs.btrfs /dev/nvme1n1"
> > on the whole raw volume, and then mounted /dev/nvme1n1.
> >
> > Later, when switching to ZFS, I ran "zpool create fastdrive /dev/nvme1n1"
> > again on the whole volume. But ZFS outsmarted me and created a GPT
> > though I had not asked it to.
>
> Your blkid output suggests the GPT was created by btrfs ;)

Maybe btrfs does create it under some circumstances, but I cannot
reproduce it now:

root@test2-vas:~# blkid /dev/xvdg
root@test2-vas:~# mkfs.btrfs /dev/xvdg
btrfs-progs v4.20.1
See http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for more information.

Detected a SSD, turning off metadata duplication.  Mkfs with -m dup if you want to force metadata duplication.
Label:              (null)
UUID:               7d64c5ab-ae59-4e8d-aa6a-a86d7702f029
Node size:          16384
Sector size:        4096
Filesystem size:    100.00GiB
Block group profiles: