Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

On Du, 14 mar 21, 12:19:34, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 01:03:49PM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > To be clear, far from me to claim Signal is perfect, it's just (in my
> > not so humble opinion) the only *feasible* option to compete with
> > WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, etc.
>
> Dunno. What's wrong with mail/pgp-gpg?

Besides that e-mail is unsuitable for instant messaging, it's very
difficult to get right.

https://riseup.net/en/security/message-security/openpgp/best-practices

https://github.com/signalapp/Signal-Server

>  - the construction with one foundation at its center
>
> are all things to push some of my customary alarm buttons. But
> in the first place, I'm not the target audience for instant
> messaging anyway.

Every step towards more privacy is good. Let's not let the perfect be
the enemy of the good.

Kind regards,
Andrei