Re: Where can I change spamd logging?

Hello,

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 05:10:42PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> OPTIONS="--create-prefs --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir -s ~/log/mail.log"

spamd is a system service and it normally (initially) runs as root,
so using a ~ there probably isn't what you want. Storing logs from
such a daemon inside your home directory also doesn't seem
appropriate.

> Its not hitting the named file, but its not spamming syslog any more.
> So I've no clue where all that is going

I wouldn't be surprised if it had ended up somewhere inside /root
(user root's home directory), or nowhere.

Cheers,
Andy