Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 01:03:49PM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

[...]

> To be clear, far from me to claim Signal is perfect, it's just (in my
> not so humble opinion) the only *feasible* option to compete with
> WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, etc.

Dunno. What's wrong with mail/pgp-gpg?

I'm happy with that. No reason for anything else.

And signal... with all due respect to Moxie Marlinspike...

 - the centralised server model
 - the fact they don't publish their server code since a
   while
 - the construction with one foundation at its center

are all things to push some of my customary alarm buttons. But
in the first place, I'm not the target audience for instant
messaging anyway.

Cheers
 - t