Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

On 11/3/21 6:13 am, Stefan Monnier wrote:

[ I think even back in the early days of time-sharing, connections were
   faster than 50bit/s.  ]

Common teletype Baud rates were 45.5 and 110. 45.5 was used primarily for radio transmission and 110 for landline - both using a modem.

When I started out I used an ASR-33 machine connected via RS-232 to a Burroughs B6700 mainframe, though usually programs and data were input via punch cards.

--
Jeremy