Re: on the verge of shopping for new desktop hardware, recommendations?

On 3/8/21 5:28 AM, songbird wrote:
The Wanderer wrote:
Finding actual power consumption of a motherboard is apparently brutal.=
  Specs in
the manuals to mine say nothing about power consumption. DDG & Google i=
n 20+
minutes weren't helpful either.
I've encountered the exact same problem...
   aren't there gizmos that measure the watts being
drawn by clipping them around the plug that goes into
the wall?
yes: "Kill A Watt" is one brand name, there are probably many others. I think some can actually record the highs and lows.

   the rough numbers supplied are interesting thank
you.  the calculator didn't work for me.

   songbird