Re: on the verge of shopping for new desktop hardware, recommendations?

Dan Hitt composed on 2021-03-07 16:02 (UTC-0800):

> The reason for the two networks is that my modem-router is electrically
> incompatible with one of my computers.  That computer freezes or otherwise
> misbehaves when one of its ethernet ports is on a network which also has
> the modem-router.
A $10 add-in NIC probably could have solved that more simply. Was more than one
ethernet cable tried with the problem PC? Was a crossover cable mistakenly used?
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/