Re: Deb10 installer can't install grub

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 09:26:21AM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:

> Note that he specified to RAID the three listed MDADM partitions, but
> did not mention the same for the EFI partition.

Ah, right.  When he mentioned RAIDing the boot, I took that to mean the
EFI partitions.  Forgot that he as using a separate /boot.

So I took a look at the grub-installer script, and guess what I found as
a comment just before the `ls` that kills it?

---
# XXX cjwatson 2019-03-25: This is all far too complicated and fragile, and
# should be replaced with in-target or similar.

# Ensure proc is mounted in all the $chroot calls;
# needed for RAID+LVM for example
initial_proc_contents="$(ls $ROOT/proc)"
---

"Far too complicated and fragile", indeed!

--
Dave Sherohman