Re: Conflicting alternatives

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

On Du, 21 feb 21, 16:23:31, Curt wrote:
On 2021-02-21, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

The Mail Transport Agent Switcher. Almost sounds like a name invented by
the marketing department. Anyway, I guess the MTAS is irrelevant because
we're not concerned with Fedora here. But I suppose its existence proves
its usefulness---or maybe the word is practicality---at least for
Fedora users.

I think Andrei answered it in the third post of the thread:

 "Installing and removing/purging packages has traditionally been very
  easy in Debian, such a mechanism would have limited benefits for
  significant added complexity."

For some reason his posts never seem to make it through to my news
server. Maybe there exists a special switch he toggles on or something.

I'm not aware of doing anything special, just reply-to-list (Cc'd you on
this message though).

I received this in my free.fr inbox but don't see it on my free.fr news server.

Is it only my messages you are missing?

I think I also noticed Nicholas Georges' posts as being missing on news.free.fr. There
may, of course, be others.

Kind regards,
Andrei