Re: VPN ideas

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 10:47:13 +0200
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mi, 09 dec 20, 11:53:20, Celejar wrote:
> >
> > As to ProtonMail, as we've discussed in the past, I'm sort of tempted,
> > but I'm not willing to give up standards based email, nor am I that
> > interested in running their proprietary (albeit apparently GPL?) bridge
> > application.
>
> Yes, lack of IMAP/SMTP support is definitely a hassle and the bridge
> would just ad complexity.
>
> One thing that is difficult to replace though is their support for
> encrypted communication with *non*subscribers.

There's apparently Open-Xchange / OX Guard - no idea how well it works
or how easy it is to set up:

https://www.wired.com/2014/09/oxguard/
https://www.oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=AppSuite:Open-Xchange_Installation_Guide_for_Debian_10.0

> This is already off-topic for debian-user so I'll stop here.

This part of the discussion at least is certainly relevant to Debian,
so I'm leaving it here.

Celejar