Re: Encrypt files on Linux, decrypt on Windows

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 21:59:15 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> If you are somewhat serious about security, you better don't use this:
>
>   "ZIP supports a simple password-based symmetric encryption
>    system generally known as ZipCrypto. It is documented in
>    the ZIP specification, and known to be seriously flawed." [1]
>
> 7z is reportedly better (and it does compress better, too). But I
> concur with the others: GnuPG is the gold standard here.

I don't disagree, but how likely is it that local10's intended
recipient will...

1. Have GnuPG installed on their Windows machine?
2. Know how to use it to decrypt files using local10's public key?

--
Matthew Graybosch		https://matthewgraybosch.com
#include <disclaimer.h>		gemini://starbreaker.org