Re: Encrypt files on Linux, decrypt on Windows

On Friday, August 21, 2020 04:11:19 PM Matthew Graybosch wrote:
> I don't disagree, but how likely is it that local10's intended
> recipient will...
>
> 1. Have GnuPG installed on their Windows machine?
> 2. Know how to use it to decrypt files using local10's public key?

Shouldn't this be just the opposite -- local10 should encrypt the file with his
recipient's public key, and then his recipient can unencrypt it with his (the
recipient's) private key?

The way you described would be for use as a signature, to prove that local10
actually sent the file -- anybody with the public key can unencrypt
demonstrating that local10 inititated the file.