Re: Support for AMD Ryzen 3 3200U

On Vi, 31 iul 20, 07:23:10, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > On Jo, 30 iul 20, 23:31:01, Nicolas George wrote:
> > >
> > > The ZOTAC ZBOX CA621 Nano, based on AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, works, including
> > > GPU, with Debian stable but kernel 5.7.0-1-amd64 and firmwares from
> > > testing.
> >
> > Is the processor powerful enough to decode 4K video in software?
>
> Probably, but it has a GPU built in which works perfectly well
> with the AMDGPU driver.

Feature support of the hardware decoders (e.g. the various profiles of
H.264) varies widely, I'd rather not rely on it, especially as I have
been bitten by this recently.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro

I'm looking into building a NAS (min. 2 x 3,5" HDDs) / HTPC (4K and
TOSLINK output), preferably based on the Ryzen 3 4300U, and with ECC
RAM.

Hoping to get it completely fanless, or at most a large case fan :)

Kind regards,
Andrei