Re: Support for AMD Ryzen 3 3200U

Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> I'm looking into building a NAS (min. 2 x 3,5" HDDs) / HTPC (4K and
> TOSLINK output), preferably based on the Ryzen 3 4300U, and with ECC
> RAM.

You may have a problem there. The 4300U is only sold as part of
integrated systems (tiny computers, laptops) and while it
*should* support ECC, it depends on motherboard support as well.

I suspect there aren't any of those being sold.

I have been told that all of ASRock's Ryzen motherboards can
use ECC, and they have some mini-ITX motherboards. That might
be your best bet. The low-end of Ryzen APUs is the Athlon 200GE,
2 cores / 4 threads. The current socketed high end is the Ryzen
5 3400G, 4 cores / 8 threads.

> Hoping to get it completely fanless, or at most a large case fan :)

A single case fan ought to be quite doable, as long as it is
blowing over a decent heatsink/radiator on the CPU.

-dsr-