Re: Tomas has a signature which isn't a .sig

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 11:47:22AM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> Would you please consider changing your customary signoff to include an
> extra space or other character in the first two columns?

Thanks for the list. I didn't expect that this humble thing would
set off such a monster thread :-)

>  -- t       # Looks nice, almost the same

Good idea.

> - - t       # A little weird, but very distinctive

Also a good one.

> ++t         # That looks like it could be a classic

Hm. I happen to like C (weird, I know), but not in this spot.

> ==t         # Implies that you are your message

Needs shift on my keyboard (yes, I do it manually!).

> +=t         # The joke gets weirder

See ==t

> ..t         # Maybe three would be better?

Nice, actually. Might trigger a WordStar dot command. There seem
to be weird MUAs out there. Better not tempt destiny.

> ...t        # Too much trouble

Even more WordStar danger.

> t           # Authoritative, but not self-important

Visually not very distinctive. Brad may have missed this
one.

> [t]         # A stamp of approval, like a chop

AltGr key. Even worse than ==t

> 't          # LISP is back

Shift key. See ==t. Although I'd *love* this one.

> It is apparently driving some people crazy because their MUAs
> are slightly broken.

See [1].

> If not, well, I certainly understand.

I'll try for a while No. 2. Can't vouch for my muscle memory, though.

Cheers
- -t