Re: Tomas has a signature which isn't a .sig

On 2020-07-31 at 15:04, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 11:47:22AM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
>
>> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Would you please consider changing your customary signoff to include an
>> extra space or other character in the first two columns?
>
> Thanks for the list. I didn't expect that this humble thing would
> set off such a monster thread :-)

To be honest, after your last sign-off reply, I wasn't sure you were
even reading the remainder of the thread.

>>  -- t       # Looks nice, almost the same
>
> Good idea.
>
>> - - t       # A little weird, but very distinctive
>
> Also a good one.

> I'll try for a while No. 2. Can't vouch for my muscle memory, though.
>
> Cheers
> - -t

That could be an improvement, yes.

If I might suggest another possibility? To whatever hard-to-pin-down
part of me finds any of this objectionable, I think something like

 --t

would be even less of a problem than any of the above, while still being
just as easy to type. Removing the separation between the dashes and the
initial, as well as placing extra indentation before the dashes, helps
make clear to my subconscious that the dashes are a lead-in to the
initial, rather than being a form of the standard-specified delimiter.

(I've used something similar to that form, with my own three initials
rather than just one, in various spots in my workplace in the past.)

Whether that would hold for anyone else, including Brad, I of course
can't say.

--
   The Wanderer