Re: BIOS time fine, Linux/Debian's isn't! ...

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 17:08:19 +0300
Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> wrote:

Hello Anssi,

>Since Windows 7 it's possible to tell Windows that RTC is UTC. IMO,
>setting RTC to UTC time is the right thing to do, messing around with

Good to know(1).  O/P doesn't state which version of Windows they're
using, so I'll make no further assumptions.

>Debian settings to accommodate Windows is not.

I agree, but what with Microsoft and Windows being (almost) ubiquitous,
but swathes of companies developing on that platform conforming to
standards of their own, things aren't too rosy in that regard.

As another example, look at all the bending over backwards developers of
various MUAs go through just to accommodate google's (very) broken
interpretation of email.

Sometimes, whether we like it or not, *we* have to conform to a broken
world.   :-(

(1)  I've not used Windows (outside work) in 20 years.  At work, I do
all I'm required and no more - book holiday, mostly.  I have no interest
in what goes on under the lid.

--
 Regards  _
You only see me for the clothes that I wear