Re: Error while trying to install openssh-server on Buster

On Vi, 24 iul 20, 17:53:53, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 05:18:24PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes seriously. This is a pain point that could be avoided. I'm not a
> > > systemd hater. I do some quite advanced things with it. But I don't
> > > think it's above criticism, and this is an area I feel is worthy of
> > > criticism.
> >
> > I was referring to your statement
> >
> >     "Unfortunately Systemd decided to forbid '/' in unit names,"
> >
> > Not everything is systemd's fault :)
>
> You mean because unit names gotta be file names and those can't have
> a slash in them?

Yes.

> Well, git's branch names are file names too -- and if you create a
> branch "foo/bar" (I do that all the time), that makes a directory
> "foo" with a file "bar" in it (of course, if you have a tag "foo"
> already, you can't add one "foo/bar" -- this would be fixable, too).

Aren't those files an internal implementation detail? Most users won't
ever need to interact with those files or even be aware of their
existence.

> I'd like to know what are the factors in a project's "personality"
> which lead to such different outcomes.

This looks to me very much like comparing apples and oranges.

Besides, it's easier to find flaws in the design after the fact then to
foresee all possible ramifications in advance.

Kind regards,
Andrei