Re: Error while trying to install openssh-server on Buster

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 09:49:04PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 24 iul 20, 17:53:53, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> Aren't those files an internal implementation detail? Most users won't
> ever need to interact with those files or even be aware of their
> existence.

Strictly speaking, yes. Sometimes, thinks leak through the abstraction
layer, sometimes they don't.

Some designs seem to take this into account (Serendipity? Sheer luck?
Wisdom? No idea) -- and they just don't break when things happen, but
kind of elegantly flow around the problem, perhaps even acquiring a
new level of beauty and symmetry. Some other just break. Or grow into
ugly monsters.

This is something I've watched at work. Sometimes I build something
for a customer, and (s)he comes back two years later and asks me "could
you...?". Sometimes, I go "uh...". Just sometimes it's "YES!". Then
I realize that I got the design "right" in the first place. Somehow
I succeeded in modeling the customer's unspoken needs correctly.

Yes, somewhat philosophical. Perhaps the problems of old age :)

> This looks to me very much like comparing apples and oranges.

It's both fruit, ain't it? And it's abstractions we delve in, our
very tissue.

> Besides, it's easier to find flaws in the design after the fact then to
> foresee all possible ramifications in advance.

Yes.

Cheers
-- t