Re: Error while trying to install openssh-server on Buster

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 05:18:24PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 24 iul 20, 15:00:32, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 01:26:50PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > > Seriously?
> >
> > Yes seriously. This is a pain point that could be avoided. I'm not a
> > systemd hater. I do some quite advanced things with it. But I don't
> > think it's above criticism, and this is an area I feel is worthy of
> > criticism.
>
> I was referring to your statement
>
>     "Unfortunately Systemd decided to forbid '/' in unit names,"
>
> Not everything is systemd's fault :)

You mean because unit names gotta be file names and those can't have
a slash in them?

Well, git's branch names are file names too -- and if you create a
branch "foo/bar" (I do that all the time), that makes a directory
"foo" with a file "bar" in it (of course, if you have a tag "foo"
already, you can't add one "foo/bar" -- this would be fixable, too).

I'd like to know what are the factors in a project's "personality"
which lead to such different outcomes.

Cheers
-- t