Do other owners of WD Gold disks hear a periodic plonk ?

Hi,

i got my new computer with a 4 GB WD Gold (WDC WD4003FRYZ-01F0DB0) and
observe a strange behavior with a provisory Debian 10 LXDE installation.

If the drive has power then i makes a plonking noise every 3 to 5
seconds. The plonk is louder when Debian runs, but can also be
heard (and felt by direct finger contact with the disk) if only EFI
is running. The sound is not really loud but well hearable when the
room is silent.

I began hearing it after about two hours of operating the computer.
My hardware provider reports about two installation attempts. XFCE
excluded him from using the screen after successful installation.
(He's a SuSE/KDE user.) So he installed again with LXDE.
During those (maybe 4 hours) he did not notice this sound.

Did others here recently purchase a WD Gold disk and hear similar
periodic single knocks.
I see a matching report in
  https://community.wd.com/t/hard-drive-idle-sounds/199915
but cannot judge whether it was finally accepted as hardware damage.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas