Re: external bluetooth keyboard / mouse paired but not used

On 7/14/20 1:11 PM, Andrea Borgia wrote:

Il 12/07/20 20:17, Andrea Borgia ha scritto:

After the pairing, I can see in the logs that there are 3 new devices (keyboard, mouse, multimedia controls) as input devices but that's it: it doesn't work in parallel with the internal touchpad and keyboard.

I've tried both with KDE and on console, no go.

Are there any special settings I have to make?

No ideas?

I bought a bluetooth keyboard with the intention to use it with our Samsung tablets.  It just worked in KDE to my surprise.  Is the mouse a part of the keyboard or a separate device?

These comments are for KDE.

I use bluetooth all the time to play audio on bt headphones and through a bt gateway to my HIFI for audio.  I've been able to connect a bt headphone and the bt gateway at the same time but I don't think audio worked after that until I disconnected both and then reconnected to just one.  So try using just ONE bt device (like the keyboard) and see if that works.  If so you may need to get another usb bt device (plugs into your computer) for the mouse.

Have you gotten audio through to a bt device?

Do you have the bt tray widget visible ... a bt symbol in the tray.  If so then you should be able to see what is connected.  Make sure only one device is connected.  Some devices tend to auto connect after pairing so turn off all bt devices except the one your are testing.  You might have to reboot after you are sure just one device is on.  There is also an application bluetoothctl that can restart bt devices but it is just as easy to reboot.

If there no bt widget in the tray click on the up arrow to bring up the "Status and Notifications" panel and see if bt is there.  If so click on bt and enable bt for the system.

--

...Bob