Re: Installation Problem

Vlad Dragomir wrote:
> I am very new to Debian, and would like to apologise first, I might not know how exactly to describe this issue.

Everybody starts somewhere.

> I tried to install Debian on an unused laptop I'm having, using the iso downloaded from this torrent:
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/10.4.0+nonfree/amd64/bt-dvd/firmware-10.4.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso.torrent

Pretty good choice.

> It started wonderfully, the installation went smoothly until it tried to connect to the Internet. It asks for additional non-free firmware, unfortunately it's an Intel wireless card. It gives a list of files it needs in order to configure the network, which is I suppose a good start. Still,
> 1.	I have no idea where to find those files, Google didn???t help me much with this.
> 2.	If I find those files, I don???t know where exactly to paste them on the installation drive for it to see them.
> 3.	This installation iso pretends it contains non-free firmware already, so normally it shouldn???t ask for those files. Am I missing something?
> Therefore, I had to cancel the installation, at least for the time being. It would be rather useless to have a system without Internet access.

Let's find out which Intel wireless card you have. With the
installer running, choose "start local shell".

Then type

lspci

and look for lines with Network in them. They should start with
a number like 03.00 or something like that.

Tell us the output from

lspci -vv ####

where #### is the number from the Network line.

-dsr-