external bluetooth keyboard / mouse paired but not used

Hello.

I'm trying to use this app on my phone to have a spare BT mouse / keyboard combo:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.appground.blek

Tested with WIndows on my laptop, it works out of the box, no special settings required beyond pairing.

When running Linux on the same system, I can perform the pairing... well, actually, I have to: unless you copy the BT keys from Windows to Linux or viceversa, you'll have to anyway.

After the pairing, I can see in the logs that there are 3 new devices (keyboard, mouse, multimedia controls) as input devices but that's it: it doesn't work in parallel with the internal touchpad and keyboard.

I've tried both with KDE and on console, no go.

Are there any special settings I have to make?

Thanks,

Andrea.