Re: Advice on hardware server to use for small a dedicated data center

	Hi.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:22:21AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > Anything else is at least one tier lower so why bother discussing it?
>
> What do you have against Dell?

I have a troubled past with EMC :)

> Everything I've read indicates that their enterprise gear is very
> good, and quite affordable, particularly on the second-hand market. I
> have very limited experience in this area, but I've been running
> Debian on a used R210 II for a while and it has been rock solid.

I see nothing wrong with Dell servers per se. If one really needs
something relatively cheap and durable - there's nothing wrong with
Dell (or Supermicro, but that's politics again). But, it's Tier 2, not
1. So - my quote at the top.

Reco