Re: Advice on hardware server to use for small a dedicated data center

On 27/06/20 8:02 am, Reco wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 08:34:07PM +0200, echo test wrote:
>> So, I want to know if It's a good idea to try using Debian in an enterprise
>> context, with hardwares like Dell EMC PowerEdge or Lenovo ThinkCenter which
>> seems to never mention that they support Debian.

> I'll be original here. Try SunFire X-series (aka SunServer X). Somewhat
> costly, and the hardware quality is a hit or miss in newer models, but
> runs Debian stable like it was designed for it.

I'm a little unclear what you're suggesting here - Sun Fire and Sun
Server seem to be both retired names (according to Wikipedia, anyway ...)

Are you suggesting Oracle servers in general?

Personally, I'd require a lot of convincing to use anything of theirs ...

I agree the Sun-era x86 servers were nice.

Richard