Re: Advice on hardware server to use for small a dedicated data center

Dan Ritter wrote on 6/26/20 1:41 PM:
> echo test wrote:
>
>> Note: I will need some RAID solution hard or soft.
>
> We are firmly of the opinion that mdadm or ZFS are the best
> solutions here.

Absolutely.

Actually I'd go further and differentiate the two by suggesting that if you
use ECC memory (which you definitely should for a business server) then ZFS is
the way to go. If for some reason you can't use ECC memory, then mdadm is
arguably the thing to use (although there is certainly a valid position that
says that ZFS is /still/ the right one). At least, that's the way I have my
systems configured.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans