Re: why !oh why Debian and application list

On 6/7/20 10:22 PM, Marco Möller wrote:
I am surprised about Ubuntu in your experience not being as stable and
secure as Debian. While Debian is a philosophy and developing an
extremely good OS, Ubuntu builds on top of it. Substituting philosophy
by commercial interests
and that's when I left, (14)04) when they thought it wise to  lace
commercial products into the OS. It was a breach of privacy and trust. I
will never return to Ubuntu. Never
Ubuntu then provides enhancements which the voluntary submission in
Debian could not achieve. Some of the enhancements are security
related, for instance, Apparmor support of Ubuntu is worth mentioning.
Great. They made a mistake that breached trust. That's it for me.

Marco.