Re: Trouble installing wine on system with foreign arch

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 2:29 PM The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:

On initial examination, I see no meaningful issues in that output.

Just to check: is the output of that 'apt-cache policy' command any
different if you replace 'libwine' with 'libwine:i386'?

If so, please pass along the output from the latter version of the
command. (My bad; I forgot to specify it in the original case.

Here's that output:

# apt-cache policy libwine:i386
libwine:i386:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 4.0-2
  Version table:
     4.0-2 500
        500 https://deb.debian.org/debian stable/main i386 Packages

If not, I'll have to think about the next step. I know what I'd do if I
had the problem, or had shell access to the box with the problem, but
trying to turn it into steps someone else can follow remotely (without
realtime supervision) is a bit trickier.

Yeah, I understand that, aways easier to do something yourself.  Unfortunately, I can't give you shell access.

--
Dale Harris
rodmur@maybe.org