Re: Trouble installing wine on system with foreign arch

On 2020-04-27 at 14:14, Dale Harris wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 1:21 PM The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>> What do you get from
>>
>> $ apt-cache show wine wine32:i386 libwine
>>
>> $ apt-cache policy libc6
>>
>> apt-cache policy $(apt-cache show libwine | grep Depends | sed 's/[:,] /\n/g' | sed 's/\([^ ]*\) .*$/\1/g' | grep -v Depends | sort -u )
>
> I'll attach the gzip'ed output from those commands.

On initial examination, I see no meaningful issues in that output.

Just to check: is the output of that 'apt-cache policy' command any
different if you replace 'libwine' with 'libwine:i386'?

If so, please pass along the output from the latter version of the
command. (My bad; I forgot to specify it in the original case.)

If not, I'll have to think about the next step. I know what I'd do if I
had the problem, or had shell access to the box with the problem, but
trying to turn it into steps someone else can follow remotely (without
realtime supervision) is a bit trickier.

--
   The Wanderer