Re: Small Open Source Digital Classroom

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 10:27:59PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 03:09:47PM -0500, Anil Felipe Duggirala wrote:

I second Zoom. You can install it via flatpak, which might make you
feel better. I tried jitsi some time ago, I think that will require
a bit more setup for sure.

It's proprietary, right?

According to the jitsi.org web site, Jitsi provides "Multi-platform
open-source video conferencing".

You can conference through a server at jitsi.org, or you can download
a jitsi package (a Debian package is available) which you can install
on your own server and run with complete independence from jitsi.org.

At the moment, the Debian STABLE repository contains no Jitsi package.
Inasmuch as I make it a rule never to install on my primary machine
Debian packages other than those which downloaded from the Debian
repository, I installed Debian on a spare machine, and installed on
that machine the Debian package from jitsi.org.  jitsi worked nicely
for me.

RLH