Re: NAS software for Raspberry Pi that supports full range of client OS (Win-10, MacOS-X, Linux) ?

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 08:33:17AM +0100, Vincent Lammens wrote:
> Op 2020-03-25 om 8:23 schreef deloptes:
> > I was wondering if you have considered using VPN?
> >

> How would a VPN help him? A VPS might, but that is a server in the
> cloud, which are quite expensive sometimes.

I read it as VPS too.  You can get a low-end VPS quite cheaply ($2 to $10
per month, I believe), and moving your hosted content offsite can be a
major relief for your local bandwidth.

A quick Google search for "cheap vps" right now confirms the $2/month
low end price.  The one I got several years back is $6 a month.