Re: NAS software for Raspberry Pi that supports full range of client OS (Win-10, MacOS-X, Linux) ?

Op 2020-03-25 om 8:23 schreef deloptes:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>> Whereas I installed the 16 inch gun version of bot killers, iptables.  It
>> has taken 65 lines of DROP's in the form of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24 to
>> control the bots but I seem to be doing that well now, and my net
>> bandwidth has dropped like a rock, was peaking at >100g a month but now
>> theres room for me a get a packet in edgewise if someone wants a ready
>> built preempt-rt kernel and ready to configure for their hardware but
>> bleeding edge LinuxCNC for their rpi4. But while I am adding rules,
>> they'll move the bots to get away from people like me. They don't want
>> to understand that if they want to mirror my site, they can pay me for
>> the bandwidth used. Index it yes, mirror it daily, no.
>>
>> Now its about tied with incoming email. And the folks who want my stuff
>> can get it at the upload rate I'm paying for. Nominally 300k/second.
>
> I was wondering if you have considered using VPN?

How would a VPN help him? A VPS might, but that is a server in the
cloud, which are quite expensive sometimes.

plus, VPN's are a waste of money, HTTPS makes the web secure anyway, so
no need to waste money on a VPN.

--
Regards

Vincent Lammens