Re: Re: NAS software for Raspberry Pi that supports full range of client OS (Win-10, MacOS-X, Linux) ?

Hi there,

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:

setting [a VPN] up looks rather daunting.

It isn't so difficult when you get the hang of it.  If you like I can
set one up for you by sending two files and some simple instructions.
Here's the configuration for an openvpn server at my place of work,
it's a little more complex than strictly necessary but still as you
see fairly simple.  It uses the vanilla Debian install of OpenVPN, and
once enabled in /etc/default/openvpn it starts automatically at boot
(and just keeps on giving:).  I've stripped all the comments:

8<----------------------------------------------------------------------
dev tun
port 1197
proto tcp-server
ifconfig 10.3.3.1 10.3.3.2
secret /etc/openvpn/private_keys/key.farm1
keepalive 10 60
ping-timer-rem
persist-tun
persist-key