Re: NAS software for Raspberry Pi that supports full range of client OS (Win-10, MacOS-X, Linux) ?

On 2020-03-24 03:49, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 24 March 2020 06:20:35 Vincent Lammens wrote:

Op 2020-03-24 om 10:56 schreef Gene Heskett:
Is this something I could use to ease my support burden in trying to
supply an rpi4 version of LinuxCNC?

As it is, I am building it and its preempt-rt kernel on the pi, but
have to jump thru perms hoops to move those builds to this machine
for interested folks to download and use them. I have apache2
running in a perms sandbox. If I could make the build result on the
pi available directly from my web server on this machine, it would
be helpfull.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

If I understand correctly it could help.

But what you also can do, since you have a web server running on the
pi already, is use Apache's mod_proxy on the web server machine
pointing to the RPI. This way you don't need to copy it over from the
pi's apache2 to the web server on your other machine, as you access it
from directly the pi's Apache, proxied trough the other web server.
(This is assuming the other web server is also Apache)

Apache2 that is. I assume I'll have to setup the web page on the pi to
serve the stuff up first? I haven't done that yet. Thereby divorcing it
from sshfs etc?

Thank you Vincent.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

I hosted services from home many years ago. My bandwidth was very quickly consumed and connectivity became a major problem. Now I use domain hosting and VPS services.

David