Re: Understanding the two-year release cycle as a desktop user (and a Debian newcomer)

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:43:42 +1100
Keith Bainbridge <keithrbau@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK  I am in the process of install debian in vbox. It set up LVM
> using the whole partition, and allowed several logical volumes.
>
> Am I safe to believe that this is what will happen with a SSD when I
> start?

Yes.

> I got a prompt that I didn't set a swap partition. I ignored that for
> now, but will have to remember when I do the real thing.

Right. You can also use a CD based Linux such as finnix to shrink an
existing LVM logical volume (LV), create a new LV for swap, and run
mkswap to lay down a swap partition on it. See
https://www.thegeekdiary.com/how-to-add-swap-space-in-linux/

Or just use mkswap to create a swap file.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/