Re: Understanding the two-year release cycle as a desktop user (and a Debian newcomer)

> I would happily consider using Debian Testing for example, but wherever I see
> someone asking about it I always find someone discouraging from using it due
> to the possibility of having broken or unsecure packages for a long time due
> to it being automated.

Other tools you can use: LVM snapshots.  Take a snapshot before updating
to testing/unstable, so you can easily revert if you don't like the
result.  I've used that for my machines running stable but where some
(typically hardware, usually graphics-related) bug/regression shows up.

        Stefan