Re: Understanding the two-year release cycle as a desktop user (and a Debian newcomer)

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 00:15:44 +1100
Keith Bainbridge <keithrbau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is LVM viable?  I can see the benefit of re-sizing on the fly. I use
> multi-boot. I can see the possibility of /dev/sda1 and LVM using the
> rest. But is it viable,  please?

Yes, it is viable. I use an encrypted partition with LVM on it to hold
everything except /boot on laptops, desktops, and headerless servers.
That works well for me.

However, I set it up at installation time. Since I have never set up an
Rpi, I have no idea whether you can do it on one.

Be sure to back up /etc/lvm/ in case the LVM headder gets clobbered.
I've had no problem with that for more than ten years, but you never
know...

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com