Re: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) was broken after upgraded from stretch-backports.

On 2/19/20 8:14 PM, Anastasios Lisgaras wrote:

On 2/18/20 3:45 PM, Nektarios Katakis wrote:
If you check the output of `systemctl status graphical.target` you ll see
it s a systemd target and whether it s activated or not. The related file
in `/lib/systemd/system/graphical.target` will also point you to related/
needed services for the graphical target.

You can start from there and check if those targets/services are enabled.
Also if they failed in your last boot (`systemctl list-units
--state=failed`).

You can see the output of "systemctl status graphical.target" here:
https://pastebin.com/raw/hSaqVzJA - Is `inactive (dead)`.

* ls -alh /lib/systemd/system/
https://pastebin.com/raw/mLHBS6SP

* cat /lib/systemd/system/graphical.target
https://pastebin.com/raw/p13JuV5C

* systemctl list-units --state=failed
https://pastebin.com/raw/2H3MXBFN