Re: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) was broken after upgraded from stretch-backports.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 12:11:14PM +0000, mick crane wrote:
> On 2020-02-18 13:45, Nektarios Katakis wrote:
>
> > Upgrading from 9 to 10 should be straight forward.
>
> wasn't there something a bit dramatic about having to migrate the postgresql
> database ?

Not any more so than in every other upgrade.

Look for a section labelled something like "Default clusters and upgrading"
in /usr/share/doc/postgresql-*/README.Debian.gz and follow the
instructions.

Near as I can tell, that same section of that same file has been present
in every version of the Postgresql server packages going back to wheezy
and probably beyond, with the package/cluster versions updated for
each release.