Use system drive, in another system

I have Debian installed on a computer which functions as my server
(email, webhost, smb, etc)..

I want to upgrade the hardware, but don't necessary want to setup all
the systems again.

I think Docker would be good for this -- will set that up in the future. =)

But, for a quicky solution, I was wonder if I could just drop the hard
drive into another case (new board, processor, ram, etc...), and it
would still work??

I have never tried it, that's why I am asking. =)

I have Debian 9 installed.

Also, would there be any dangers in trying?

Thanks!

--
https://www.little-beak.com
"Doing what we can."