Re: how to disable gdm3 via systemctl?

Hi Andrei,

On 2020-01-13 23:40, Andrei POPESCU wrote:>
> Display Managers are handled a little bit different than "regular"
> services, since only one can run at a time (if you have several
> installed), but at least one should be running (to not leave a
> potentially inexperienced user in front of a text console).

I don't see any reason why it should be impossible to run lightdm on
tty1 and tty2, gdm3 on a vnc session and yet another one on xvfb, all
in parallel (just as an example). Wouldn't you agree that this is a
config issue, i.e the job of the admin to decide? I can handle an
error message triggered by a second dm on tty1, but what chance do I
have, if systemctl doesn't work as documented anymore?

Regards
Harri