Re (2): Jittery desktop mode.

From:	Will Mengarini <seldon@eskimo.com>
Date:	Mon, 20 Jan 2020 09:49:21 -0800
> This seems more like an incipient hardware failure than a software
> bug.  I've been living with a flaky Logitech optical mouse for years,
> and when stuff like this starts happening, I can usually make it
> stop by unplugging the mouse then plugging it back in.  Sometimes
> it takes several tries, or various forms of percussive engineering.

Thanks!  Replaced the old PS-2 mouse with a USB yesterday a.m.
and haven't seen the problem since.  I should have thought of
hardware.  Solid state junctions degrade until one of them
develops intermittent failures depending on temperature?

> You might find relevant error messages in </var/log/syslog>.

OK; will compare broken and working cases.

Thanks again,         ... P.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon