Re: Replacing nvidia card, with Amd - can no longer boot.

Solved.

Simple, yet simple things are the hardest to solve sometimes.

1. With the nvidia card still installed, need to boot in single user mode. Press e at grub.

2. Add 1 at the end of linux line, after ro

3. Press F10 or ctrl-x, to boot in single user (text) mode.

This is required. You can't have x already loaded, or you will get an error message about nvidia-drm.

4. Navigate to you nvidia installer, something like NVIDIA-x86_64-1895.run

Run it WITH the flag --uninstall

sh NVIDIA-x86_64-1984.run --uninstall

That is the trick!

What I don't know is how to solve this issue had the nvidia card failed :-( i couldn't do much of anything.