Replacing nvidia card, with Amd - can no longer boot.

Hello,

Been beating my head against a wall. Had a fully functional and stable setup (9.x, stretch) with nvidia gtx 1060. Needed to swap out video card for an amd radeon rx 580. I knew it would be a problem, and sometimes I hate it when I am right :-(

Now, i can't boot. I hang on a "amdgpuxxxxx" to EFI VGA message.

I don't have onboard video to fall back on. I could put the nvidia card back in, and I assume my machine would boot again.

But, are there any steps on how I can get the amd driver installed, so that my system boots again??