Re: Finalizing a Video DVD

Hi,

Marc Shapiro wrote:
> My question is this:  Is there any software in the repository that can
> finalize these disks so that I can use them other than on the machine that
> created them?

It is not clear what your recorder means with "finalizing". It may be
about open tracks (a speciality of DVD+R) or open sessions (DVD-R,
unformatted DVD-RW) or open disc (all three types).

The man page of growisofs also talks of finalizing:

  To finalize the multisession DVD maintaining maximum compatibility:
    growisofs -M /dev/dvd=/dev/zero

But before you try this, put the medium into a computer attached DVD burner
(i assume its address is /dev/sr0) and show the output of

  dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/sr0 extra | tee -i /tmp/dvd_info.txt

It might become lengthy. So i propose to catch the ouptut in file
  /tmp/dvd_info.txt

Have a nice day :)

Thomas