Re: Install prob

On 2019-12-11 13:51, guy MARQUIS wrote:
Just got a new server.

Installed Debian 9.9 on it and it ran fine, but it wouldn't install zfs or glusterfs.

I heard Debian 10.2 had samba, glusterfs, and zfs pre-installed. so I got a copy.

Now my mouse is buggy, moves painfully slow or jumps across screen, keyboard often doesn't detect keystrokes or uses double making the password problematic.

Graphical install, turned printserver off. All rest oem.

Have been using Linux 3 days. :)

Any help would be appreciated.

X8dtl-6f (non-uefi) motherboard
Xeon 5670 (2 of them)
49 gig Samsung ram
12x hgst 10tb hdd
2x Samsung 120gb SSD
Cse 933t-r760b backplane
Debian 10.2 amd64

Thanks,
Bob

I use btrfs on Debian. I evaluated FUSE ZFS and kernel ZFS on Debian in the past -- they worked, but I switched to FreeBSD on my SOHO server specifically for ZFS and haven't looked back.

David