Re: Configuring hotplugged input devices

Andrei POPESCU wrote:

>> I want a solution for simple users, without root permissions to edit
>> xorg.conf.
>>
>> If there is no standard solution, would you like one? I have a small
>> program that can serve as the basis for one, I can publish it if that
>> would be useful.
>
> This looks like a useful tool to have, so +1 from me.

I don't know - what does exactly mean without root permissions to edit
xorg.conf.

First of all there is no xorg.conf for quite a while already and secondly if
xorg.conf is r/w by root - how does a user writes to it.

Honestly it is another self cooked something.

regards